Up, Up, and away
We’d all like more money for our property when it comes to selling but for the majority of us, it seems like a lot of hard work! However, you may be surprised just how it easy it could be. We’ve rounded up the best home renovation ideas which will get you results in 2018.
- Adding an extension is the most costly outlay but could increase the value of your home by up to 20% by expanding the living area.
- The kitchen has become the hub of the home - creating a real asset by modernising or making it more open-plan can be hugely beneficial and help you achieve your target asking price.
- The prospect of upgrading a bathroom may deter some buyers. So a new bathroom that needs no work can be prized asset.
- Gone are the days of having one big family bathroom for the whole house. The number of en-suites and bath/shower rooms are key for most buyers. Installing in an en-suite or wet room, even in a small space, will increase the appeal of your property.
- Many potential buyers have green fingers, so having an attractive garden can make a difference when it comes to valuing a property.
- Don't underestimate the flow of a house, if this means knocking down a wall or removing useless narrow corridors to make it more light and flexible to a potential buyer, it may be worth doing.
- Expanding into the roof space could turn your two bed into a three bed and open up your property to a host of new buyers with higher budgets.
- For an average home in the country, improving its EPC from the bottom band G up to E, or from band D to B, could add more than 14% to the value of your home.
- Use your outbuildings. A shed in the garden can be turned into a useful addition, such as a home office or a playroom, which may be practical for buyers.
- Upgrade windows. There is no point having a marvelous home if the basics aren't done properly, clean windows and replace old or broken ones to help achieve maximum price for your home.
If you have any questions or are thinking of selling, get in touch today and one of our experts will be more than happy to help.
Back to articles